Sunday, June 08, 2008

My experience with Microsoft and why Cisco rocks!!!!

Its once again back to examination time for me. After 4 years of "write the exam----go to the temple and promise I will study better the next time around----wait for the results-------then after the results who the heck cares!!!!" syndrome, I am back writing various certification lol this time around they are international certifications and the great one (who else? me of course) is doing his own self study.

My first exam was a Microsoft exam (Win server 2003). I called up NIIT and the conversation was itself so funny. I started talking in Tamil and he responded back in english. I talked back in english and he snapped the phone down. (May be my English has become too bad, because of my German influence !!!! who cares ). I once again called him and spoke this time in english and then he answered back in tamil. I too answered back in tamil.....lo this time around he didnt snap up. Buoyed with the initial success I managed to fix up the dates.

Then came the D day I went to the NIIT center and there was no one in the reception nor in any of the nearby rooms and somehow I went to the online exam conduction room.
There was only one lady and she was busy speaking on the phone, I was standing just opposite her and was really nervous. 10 mins still there was no sign of her noticing me.Finally I went and told that I want to write the exam. She immediately disconnected the phone and rushed inside. What the heck was going on??? She then came back brought a big sheet and asked me to fill it up. I obliged and then she went back and came after ten minutes and told me to leave all the valuables in the locker. I was still in a state of shock.

Later I was taken inside the room and I was given a PC. Now is the funniest part!!! I clicked the only available icon and guess what? instead of the exam there was a survey!!!! I was frustated that I wanted to kick the PC!!!. Again I went out of the room and then lol again she was busy with the phone. But i went straight and yelled yeah literally yelled to her that the exam is not starting. Then she went to the PC and did something and again just pointed me to the computer. This time luckily the exam started and I finished the exam. Now comes the biggest part

She had mistyped my name and it came out on the exam result and when I pointed out this to her she had no idea about what i was talking and I had no idea about what she was talkig ( may be my english is really that bad) btw I finally came out of the center. My god!! I was still a touch nervous and no marks for guessing what that lady was doing while I was on my way out!!!


Why I am writing all this is because two months back i took the Cisco exam and the whole process was so organised. I was asked to come 1 hour earlier, my name and adress was typed on the registration form in front of me and I was asked to verify the name and etc and the proctor came all the way and helped me with the initial registration process and so on.


Therefore Cisco is Cisco and MS is MS