Creepy shadows under the sky of knowledge………
Over the last 5 years, something that really impressed me was the 24/7 news channel. It was a blitzkrieg revolution that really changed the way prime time television was in the preceding decade. Over a period of time it became a medium of education…..yeah u read it correctly!!! A medium of education for lots of people, people suddenly became aware of what is happening over the world and it helped them to get together.
Everything good should have something bad…That’s a real theory of the universe!!!! Today the news channels are more of sensationalisation and glamor, u don’t really know whether u are watching a news channel or whether u are watching a 24/7 entertainment channel. Is it really important to discuss about a film’s success or failure during prime time?...when, there are kids wandering on the street, forced to sell tickets in black just because of poverty. Do we really need to know how many people ate during some big star’s wedding?....when there are scores who don’t even get a decent morsel of food everyday. And do u really need to cover about some xyz fashion shows, when people on the streets are wandering with bits and pieces….
I do realize, and accept the fact there are lot of “successful impact” stuff done by the media. But then in the name of popularity and TRP ratings sometimes these channels just overdo a lot of things that really undermine the very objective of the media. Once, three different channels had three different types on the same news and this not only confuses people it reduces the trust that we place on them. In the name of competition, they tend to doctor certain statistics. If these trends are allowed to go on, then we may end up having a news channel with more drama and entertainment with less news on them.
And by the way there is also a competition among all these channels to put the best music tracks for their opening and the closing theme and also a deep competition within them to really complicate certain news stuff. !!!!!Its like making common cold look like pneumonia!!!!!
So, I believe that the unwanted weed growing out, should be cut before it could really spoil the very meaning for which the channels are setup for……
Thursday, March 27, 2008
About Me

- Name: visveshwar
- Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Hey fellas......I live life as it gets.....Life is a box of chocolates, everything is sweet and still you never know wat u may get.....sometimes a dark chocolate, sometimes a honey coat, or sometimes hazelnut stuffed. Well I am not chocalatey but I thought this was a good thought to share with. Cut the shit........Well I am still finding out what I am..... Well i am a sort of a computer freak; wanna enjoy each and every situation i gotta be in and would love to spend my time eating.......... We don't know wat life is going to be but then it depends on you. Believe in destiny and rock ur life...
Links
Previous Posts
- Hey Ant!!…I guess I envy you……….Here it goes for o...
- Feeling crippled............... It was a Sunday mo...
- CigarettesI am sick of this shit.....I don't under...
- So finally I am back writing stuffs that unfortuna...
- The most embarrassing situations.....................
- Rang De Basanti vs. Lage Raho MunnabhaiSo, this ye...
- SMS......Spoiling the English language or simplyfy...
- Gandhiji............is he a cult figure?......is h...
- A Thought on Child Labour.........The whole countr...
- A thought which i wanna tell for such a long time....
Archives
In the News
In the News
provided by The Free Dictionary
Hangman
Hangman
provided by The Free Dictionary
